So I got a bit behind in reading all your fantastic blogs and in catching up today discovered that I have been nominated for Sisterhood of the World award by AftertheRain and MudandNettles – my apologies to you both for my delay in doing this! To make up for it I will answer both your sets of questions!
So here are the rules:
Link to and thank the person nominating you.
Answer questions set by the person who nominates you.
Nominate 10 inspiring female voices.
Set 10 new questions.
Here are the questions from AftertheRain:
1. If you could do any job what would it be? – I actually really enjoy my current job, but I would love to do more for charity. I am currently seeing how that may be possible.
2. What do you do to unwind? – I knit or read, plus there is nothing a good bath can’t solve!
3. What is your fantasy travel destination? – Japan, has been for ever and a day. So much so it’s one of the quirky things that Bond remembers me saying on our first date! I am not sure what started off the fascination but I love Memoirs of a Geisha and read it when I was probably a bit too young to!
4. What is your favourite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)? – A good vodka cocktail for the boozy moments and grenadine for the non-alcoholic ones (Green tea when I am being virtuous!)
5. If you press shuffle on your phone what song do you get?…Risky I know… – Let it Go and I don’t even have children…I will hand in my cool card ASAP!
6. What do you consider a luxury? – Massages, I never ever used to have them before Bond got me into them and I still feel SO decadent having them!
7. Who is the most inspirational person in your life? – My mother, she did an amazing job as a single parent, even when I was HORRIBLE she just let it be and I always knew she would be there for me. Now she’s happy with my super step-dad and no one deserves it more!
8. What was the last thing you learnt? – This is so apt, I just read Tara’s post ‘When sorry seems to be the easiest word’ and I learned that children really do mimic what their parents do and say.
9. Do you have a family tradition? If so what is it? – Opening one present on Christmas Eve and restraining ourselves till after lunch on Christmas Day to open the rest. Beyond that we are not the most traditional bunch!
10. How did you meet your significant other? – I really wish we had a ‘meet cute’ but we met in a nightclub when I asked him why on earth he would wear black tie to a club…he found it rather funny and asked me out…I guess the rest is history! It goes to show being a bit unusual can pay off!
Here are the questions from the lovely MuddyMum: some are the same as above so I have tried to think of alternative answers so as not to cheat her!
1. What is your favourite childhood memory? – I found this really tough because I have a lot! I encourage all children to surround themselves with an eccentric Belgian Grandmother and a Hilarious Welsh/Belgian hybrid mother for way more fun than should possibly be allowed?
2. What do you do to unwind? – If not knitting, reading or bathing then a good walk tends to help a lot.
3. What is your fantasy travel destination? – After Japan I would LOVE to go on a Safari, it looks like such an amazing experience!
4. Where is your favourite place? – Chagrin Falls in Ohio, I have family there and it is beautiful and so peaceful.
5. If you press shuffle on your phone what song do you get?…Risky I know… – aha a chance to redeem myself, Florence and the Machine – shake it out!
6. Gym or cake? – Cake, always cake! I am so bad about the gym…
7. Who is the most inspirational person in your life? My mother had her shout out so after her I will say my step-dad who has managed to become my dad in every single way. It can’t be easy inheriting a grown up, but he makes me feel like he’s always been there and he always will be. Plus he is a GENIUS – seriously find a book the man hasn’t read, I dare you or a language he can’t speak (even ancient ones!)
8. What was the last thing you learnt? – I am clutching at straws but here goes; apparently I walk really fast around the office exuding an air of hyper efficiency – seriously a colleague just told me that…I had no idea, that’s just my usual pace!
9. What was your favourite subject at school? – English, I loved it and I had the maddest teachers who made it come to life.
10. How did you meet your significant other? – As above…I can’t come up with an alternative. I can tell you that I knew he was ‘the one’ when he took compassionate leave to come to my grandmother’s funeral and held my hand throughout and was a rock for me after one month of being together. My cousins were all having to look after their wives and Bond just looked after me. Also kudos for meeting the entire clan and my two best friends all in one day and managing to make a favourable impression on everyone!
So there are my answers for you! As for the rest of the rules most of the bloggers that I follow have already done this unfortunately but I will nominate Elizabeth Gracie and Scars, Tears and Training bras if either of you fancy it!
As for my questions:
1) What is the first thing you do in the morning?
2) What’s your ultimate guilty pleasure?
3) What’s the best piece of advice you can give?
4) What has been your proudest achievement?
5) Who is guaranteed to make you smile every time you speak to them?
6) Who/what inspires you?
7) Where is your happy place?
8) What is your favourite quote? (I am asking for Bond as he LOVES a good quote and thinks it gives a good insight into people)
9) What film can you watch a 100 times and still enjoy?
10) If you could do one thing every day what would it be?